General rules that have been used effectively by Nova Scotia Challenger Baseball programs.
- Safety First
- No score will be kept
- Every player bats each inning
- Batting tee or coaching pitching
- No balls or strikes
- No walks
- No outs
- Every runner is safe
- Games are approximately an hour in length
- Rules can be adapted in each program - use what works for your participants.
Programs choose whatever equipment works best for each individual.
- Plastic or foam bats
- Soft or foam baseballs
- Various sized and textured balls
- Regular, honking, flat or wheelchair bases
- Some players will hit off a pitcher and others will require a batting tee.
Uniforms used may be different in every community.
Safety, accessibility and availability are the most important factors our programs use in choosing a field.