General rules that have been used effectively by Nova Scotia Challenger Baseball programs.
- Safety First
- No score will be kept
- Every player bats each inning
- Batting tee or coaching pitching
- No balls or strikes
- No walks
- No outs
- Every runner is safe
- Games are approximately an hour in length
- Rules can be adapted in each program - use what works for your participants
Programs choose whatever equipment works best for each individual.
- Plastic or foam bats
- Soft or foam baseballs
- Various sized and textured balls
- Regular, honking, flat or wheelchair bases
- Some players will hit off a pitcher and others will require a batting tee.
- Jays Care Foundation provide new communities with 'Starter Equipment Kits'.
Uniforms used may be different in every community.
Safety, accessibility and availability are the most important factors our programs use in choosing a field.