What is a Buddy?
- A buddy is the name given to a volunteer that assists a player in the Challenger Baseball division.
- A buddy is someone that desires to help children and youth with cognitive, sensory and/or physical disabilities enjoy the sport of baseball in a recreational/non-competitive environment.
- A buddy is prepared to commit regularly to be at Challenger Baseball games.
- A buddy helps participants with catching, throwing, batting, fielding and getting around the bases.
- A buddy is a friend that the player can rely on for assistance during their time together.
- A buddy assists but also lets the players do as much as they can on their own.